If your LEA will require an FY 2021 initial Impact Aid payment before December 30, 2020 in order to meet operational expenses, you can now request an expedited payment through the Impact Aid Grant System. Click this link for instructions.
The Impact Aid Program has started to inform school districts that their FY 2021 application has been selected for an in-depth review. Need help with submitting your application documentation through the Impact Aid Grant System? A short video and user guide are available to download on the training page.
The deadline to amend FY 2021 Impact Aid applications is extended from June 30, 2020 to August 31, 2020. The official notice is published in the Federal Register at https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2020-10147.
Does your FY 2021 Impact Aid grant application need to be updated? It is a good idea to check your application to ensure all of your Federally connected students are properly reported.
If you need to make a change, you may amend your FY 2021 application from now until August 31, 2020.
We strongly recommend compiling your edits before you start the amendment. When you start an amendment, the Department of Education’s review process on your original application stops. The review process does not start again until the amended application is signed and submitted.
Click here for a video and user guide on how to submit an amended application.
The application submission confirmation email is incorrectly identifying applications as late if they were submitted between 7 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. Eastern time. These applications are not late.
Here’s how to confirm that your application is timely filed:
- Click on LEAs on the top blue bar.
- Click on your school district’s record.
- Click on Applications (under your school district’s name).
- Click “View Application” for your FY 2021 application. You will see your submit date and time at the top, under Submission Information. This date will be in Eastern time. Applications submitted on January 31, 2020 in Eastern time are timely filed.
Please send a message using the Get Help link above if you are concerned, and we will be happy to verify timely submission in writing.
- Your username and password for IAGS are case sensitive. Enter them exactly as they appear on your account creation email. If you continue to receive a message that your username or password is invalid, your account may be locked or deactivated. Contact us to unlock your account.
- If you have not changed your password within the last 120 days, request an account reactivation by typing your email address in the top green box here.
The Impact Aid Grant System is now available to local educational agency (LEA) users. You may submit an account request for your LEA’s core user now to gain access as soon as possible. You only need to request an account for one user in your LEA. This person must be an employee of the LEA with the authority to sign an Impact Aid application. Once this person logs in, he/she will be able to create and manage accounts for two other users in the LEA.
Training is available for core users to learn how to create and manage the other two accounts.